Sunday, April 12, 2015

Gelli Print Greeting Cards

I've been having fun printing greeting card backgrounds on my 5" x 7" Gelli plate too!


The first layer on the cards, using stencils and a silk peony as second layer on part of them. The whitish peony has also had pen and marker work done on it here...


More layers; the bottom two were the green and the burgundy/green cards above, which I didn't like, so I gessoed over them and gelli printed a different look on them, using scrap that I had punched large holes out in for interest...


These four just received their first print layer, using the cardstock negative that I had cut arches and a leaf out of. I drew the spirals into the paint on the plate with a brush handle. The left bottom arch card is actually accidentally printed upside down and was the first print pulled off the plate. The other arch card was the second one pulled, and the envelope at the top was a ghost print...


This card is completed and has already found a new home with our gr-niece, because she's a huge Sarah Jessica Parker fan. It was a gift included with a gift...


This card was completed and included with a gift for my aunt.

The rest are resting until I decide how to proceed on them. Meanwhile, I'm working/experimenting on a mandala, using a foam plate and the mini gelli plate, in my sketchbook.

It's all good, and it's all fun! Practicing my fearlessness, thanks to Connie Hozvicka Solera at Dirty Footprints Studio!

I hope you enjoyed your visit. Have a happy and creative week! :)

No comments: