Another abstract created by spritzing the paper in my sketchbook with water, then adding Pebeo India ink, Marine blue and metallic copper acrylic inks, more spritzed water, paper towel dabbing, and salt. I wound up getting too much water, and some of the ink didn't want to dissolve without more spritzing. Also, the metallic copper isn't showing up in the photos, but there is a copper shimmer over most of the piece, which is gorgeous in the light. I don't know how to get the metallics to show up on here. :(
Saturday, August 29, 2026
Can't Decide Which Abstract I Like Best!
but I also like it flipped over horizontally to remind me of sky and land.
I don't know which is my favorite, but I'm thinking that all four of them would be great as a set of greeting cards with a message. I just might try that!
This experimental thing is fun, plus it's in my sketchbook, so I don't have to worry about it being right or wrong, which makes it double fun! Try it! You'll like it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
My second attempt at a Matisse painting in the Studying With the Masters e-course (link on sidebar). This one is "The Mauve Bolero...
-
I wanted to share a picture of the original paintings with my versions, but was afraid I'd be violating copyright laws or something, so ...
-
The third, and last, of my Cezanne studies, for now. It's a landscape, and I've forgotten the name of it, but I think it's oil o...




No comments:
Post a Comment