Sunday, September 13, 2026

Glenkirk Landing/Bluff

 A sketch from memory of the scene down the river, as you come out of our local town. It's also home, as I happen to live a little further back on top of that bluff. When I was very little my dad worked at the rock crusher that made those caves to drive trucks back through. The red dot is the house roof of a neighbor that lives between us and the river. We can walk to the river in just a few minutes, but can't see it from our house. There are some mistakes that I didn't notice until it was done, but since it's just a sketch in my book, I decided to quit fiddling with it and maybe do one for real later!

7" x 10" 135 lb mixed media paper in W/N sketchbook from memory- I never get tired of this scene and the river.


No comments: