Sunday, April 5, 2015

Art Supply Finds

So I finally got to go to JoAnn's Fabric and Craft store last Friday! It was mine and hubby's 45th wedding anniversary, so we went to Florence, AL, about an hour and a half away to celebrate. Florence is also where we got married all those years ago!


This is the nearest craft store to us except for Wal-Mart, which is about half an hour away. Anyway, hubby let me out at JoAnn's and he went to the Gander Mountain Sportsman store just a little piece away. We were both in heaven for a while! The main things I wanted they didn't have, but I came up with some great substitutes. I got a multi-purpose crafting tool for cutting stencils, soldering, woodburning, etc., 3 mini canvases, 7 sheets of scrapbooking paper for journaling, 2 strands of pink glass beads, a pkg of small red jingle bells for ornament making, a key stencil, a pkg of xacto knife blades, a pkg of 12 large paper doilies for stamping/stenciling, 4 large spools of sewing thread, and a small book of gorgeous mats for card making/journaling.

I meant to go back by and pick up a sheet of Tim Holtz bird stamps, but forgot them. I also wanted some washi tape, but didn't like what they had.

The bucket in the picture is actually a bucket of donut holes from Krispy Kreme, which we picked up after a delicious meal at Cracker Barrel. We finished off the day by stopping at a large clothing store, where neither of us found anything to our liking, getting an ice cream cone from the Sonic, and eating it on the beautiful drive home. It was a good day!


A few days before the trip to Florence, we went to a nearby town to the eye doctor and for some shopping. I found the pkgs of heart shaped paper doilies, the ticket stubs, a pkg of tattoos, and a roll of brown kraft paper (not pictured) at the Dollar Tree. I have also found some pretty napkins there.

I found the black glass beads, jewelry findings, leather cords, and swirly paper clips at Wal-Mart.

Now, if I can just find time to use all these wonderful things, plus get back in to my weaving!

Keep Creating! :)

No comments: