Wednesday, September 18, 2024

A Few Sketches From the Past Few Days

 So, I managed to get some creativity in amidst all the other stuff going on since the last post!


This is an enlargement of the first of two neurographic art drawings on the page below and is my favorite of all the ones I've done so far! It did what it was meant to do!


Both of these were inspired by Sara Wener's Youtube videos on neurographic art, which I love. I'm going to re-watch both of these, take some notes on symbolism, and color in the second one. She explains everything so well, and I love the look of these lines much better than the ones I have been doing, but I enjoyed doing those as well, and they, too, took my mind off my health problems, although they are kind of hard on my eyes if I do them for long at a time. These were both done with a Zig Writer marker and colored pencils on the first one, because they were handy.


I think I posted these in a previous post, but I have since added color to them. All were drawn with a brush pen with India ink and a Zig Writer marker, then colored in with Prismacolor pencils, Tombow markers plus water, Kuretake watercolors, and the top right one started out drawn in with a Pitt Sanguine pen, but I didn't like it, so went over it with the India ink pen, then it has multiple layers of Posca pens, colored pencils, and a white Signa gel pen. I still don't like it, so it may get another layer at some point!


These four were also inspired by Sara Werner's videos, particularly the tree of life. I used the Zig Writer marker to draw them and fill in the corners. I used Tombow markers to color the one in, then it looked so bright that I sprayed a bit of water on it and laid a paper towel on it to soak up some of the color, leaving the texture of the towel on it. I do plan on coloring the others in.

An enlargement of the tree of life from above. Actual size of these four to the page drawings is about 3 1/4" x 4 3/4". Can't wait to color this one in!


This one is a whole page drawing (7" x 10"), also with the Zig Writer marker, and I used a roll of tape to draw the circles. Some people draw them freehand, and I like it, so I think from now on, I will draw them freehand also. These drawings are supposed to resemble the neurons in our brains, and I think these circles are too perfect.


Just a bit of idle doodling. I took the damp paper towel that I used to blot up the color on the previous colored sketch with and stamped it on the paper the same day and went on doing another sketch. A couple of days later I sketched this imaginary girl with a black gel pen over it. I love squiggly lines! Then a few days later I quick sketched the other lady, also imaginary, with a water brush pen and Kuretake watercolors. I think they both have character.


Yesterday morning I was feeling a bit down and sketched this imaginary girl with the black eye with the Zig Writers bold marker end, then used Prismacolor pencils, a white pastel pencil, and a white gel pen for color. I think she also has character. Is there a story here?


This is a sketch I did for a friend, who is painting a beach scene mural on her daughter's retaining wall by her pool, which has a dock/pier included in it, but I don't think she used it. Oh, well, I tried!

Anyway, that's it creatively for now. I'm just thankful I got this much in, considering, what the last few days have been like.

If you've read the previous blog posts you know I had tests because walking/standing were becoming really painful for me. I found out I have osteoporosis, degenerative disc disease (bad) in my lower back, and the left hip pain is coming from my back and sciatic nerve, inherited. I have also had polio, which affects my right leg, making things a little harder.

They gave me a once a week pill, Alendronate Sodium tablets, for osteoporosis, which a I had a very bad allergic reaction to and had to stop immediately, while I was waiting for the bone doctor appointment. I thought I was going to die for a little while, the joint and muscle pain was so bad. 

I was still getting over the pill when I saw the bone/joint doctor last week, and he gave me a steroid shot in the hip and ordered physical therapy and ultrasound heat twice a week for four weeks to see if that will help. I start that tomorrow and go back to see the doctor Oct 10.

The steroid shot helped my hip a lot, but the day after I saw the bone doctor my right rotator cuff started acting up again, after several years with no pain, so that may affect the therapy for my back. The doctor that treated my shoulder before is no longer there, so hopefully this bone doctor will do something for it when I go back. Just having to be careful with it and my hip/back for now. Also, my eyes are acting up, so there's that. 😏

Just thankful it's not worse and I'm still mobile for now. The reaction to the pill made me well aware just how much worse it can get. Still feeling the effects of the pill and the shot.

The PA that is my regular doctor wanted me to come in last Monday to discuss the pill and what I could take instead. We left it that for now I'll take calcium pills and vitamin D3.

We'll see how it goes after the therapy tomorrow. Hopefully, it will help, and I'm hoping I can do it at home! Also praying that I'll get able to help hubby do some of the things that he took over when it got too painful for me. He is not without pain himself, and we are both up in our seventies.

That's where I am for now. Maybe now I can do some art standing up!

Thanks for visiting! Do something you love every day. It's good for you!

No comments: