Saturday, September 28, 2024

Character Sketches and Neurograph Paintings

 I have managed to get a few creative sketches done between visits to physical therapy and company the last few days, and thankful to have done so. I've actually done three more, but don't have them scanned yet.


These gals fell from my imagination and out through my sanguine brush pen one morning.


I colored in some of the neurographic art that I posted previously with Kuretake watercolors. I love the tree!

She started out as a contour sketch, but morphed into a regular sketch. Black gel pen from online photo


Also started as a contour sketch from an online photo with a black gel pen.


I just stuck with a line sketch from an online photo using my Zig Writer marker.


Another sketch from an online photo using my Zig Writer marker.

Last one for this post is also from an online photo using the Zig Writer marker. I messed up on her face, so any gray areas you see are where I tried to cover the bad black marks with a white posca paint pen. Didn't quite cover it up, but I tried! 

I don't try for an exact likeness on these sketches and am just using them for practice in my sketchbooks.

I've been to physical therapy for my back/hip three times now, where they do fifteen minutes of moist heat massage, six minutes of a rowing/pedaling machine, and leg swings at a bar, before putting me through several exercises flat of my back on a table, plus I have exercises to do at home between visits. I worked up a sweat at the last visit, but it doesn't take a lot for me to do that. I suspect they will add more to each visit. I have three more sessions before I go back to see the bone doctor.

The steroid shot is still holding the pain at bay so far, and I'm getting around better, but I stood long enough to iron one tee shirt before I had to sit down. I'm praying that I will get to where I can do some house cleaning, because Lord knows it needs it. I haven't been able to do much in a long time, and it's really bothering me. Plus, I am getting desperate to do some painting!

Prayers for all of you in the wake of hurricane Helene. I hope you are, or stay, safe. Thanks for visiting! You keep me inspired to keep doodling! :)

No comments: