Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Neurographic Art n Other Sketches

 I decided to try some smaller sketches. The others have been in my 7x10 inch sketchbook using the full page. I divided this page in two with painters tape, so they are about 7 x 4 1/2 inches each. The first one is with my Zig Writers Marker's large nib, and the other is with the small nib. My vision was getting so blurry it was hard for me to see what I was doing, so I stopped here for now.

I used my photo editing program to crop the photo above to see what they look like separated. Black Zig Writers double ended bullet marker.




I used mechanical pencils to sketch these two character studies from online photos.


I sketched these four on the same page with a black Uni Pilot gel pen from my imagination just for fun.


The first one is with a black gel pen and a brush marker. The second one is with two Prismacolor colored pencils. I thought I had found my Sanguine pencil (I love Sanguine), but it turned out to be sienna brown, so I just went with it and added a little yellow ochre to break up the brown. Both from imagination.


Both 7x10" Neuropathic art with a black Posca paint pen. I may add some color at some point.



UPDATE: I did a little more work on this one, because it looked kind of like an automobile gasket before. Better!

All I've done since the last post. Nothing yet this week, as we've had company two days and we both have doctors appointments and groceries tomorrow, which will wipe us out for the day. Hopefully, we'll get back on track after that.

I have a lot weighing on my mind, so these doodles help get my mind off worrisome things and calm my nerves. I miss doing them when I don't get to them every day. Good for my nerves and my soul!

No comments: