Sunday, June 30, 2024

Misc Sketches and a Full Sketchbook

 I'm still sketching character studies from photos and TV. Again, not trying for a real likeness, but for character and expression. Plus I've tried a few different animals and hats and glasses! Gel pen and Ebony pencil in small mixed media sketchbook.


My first attempt at this cute little dog. Not great. Proportion is way off, but I think he still has character.


My second attempt at the same little dog. Not perfect, but much better, I think!


An attempt at a different pup. I think I did ok, except I got carried away with the shading on the head. It is actually solid white. Oh, well!


I learned from this sketch what a galah bird is (cockatiel). Gorgeous in color!




I think this is a dachshund, and I know it's nose is long and it's ear black, but that's the way it was in the photo.



I liked the hat in these two of the same girl and challenged myself, because I have a hard time making a hat look like it's actually sitting down on the head.


Who knew I could sketch a monkey that actually resembled a monkey?!!! Also a cap and teeth challenge! Proud of myself for trying!


And this sketch completed this sketchbook! Now I have to decide whether to finish one of the sketchbooks I have already started or start a brand new one. We'll see!

Still really hot in the southern USA, so aside from going to the eye doctor last Monday and a visit to the Mennonites' vegetable stands Tuesday, I have stayed in and sketched and watched TV a lot. My happy place!


No comments: