Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Junk Journal Paper Bag Page

 I forgot to post about the paper bag basket page for junk journals that I saw someone share in a group the other day. I used a paper bag from the Sonic Drive-In, so it's too big for my mini junk journal, which I still haven't worked on in several days, but it's getting so fat I had to tie it together. I'm thinking I may have to take some pages out or put another cover on it. The pages aren't fastened in (see previous post) so it won't be hard to do either way. I do love this cover though...


Anyway, I decided to make a sample for use in a bigger journal. I'm sorry I can't remember who shared it, and I hope they don't mind me sharing the one I made. As I said, I used a Sonic brown paper bag, folded it flat, and cut it off above the bottom fold to create a short basket like container. I used a sheet of scrapbooking paper, cut to size, to cover the front.


I used the same paper to cover the folded part, and I glued a cloth tab to the inside top of the back edge to pull the page open with.


When it's open, it looks like this, with the front and half the back covered with paper.


The inside bottom is also covered with the decorative paper, and I dropped two cut to size old blank postcards into it for journaling.


When folded flat it looks like below. I can either cover the very bottom with more paper and tuck it into a journal, or glue it to the journal page and pull it open with the cloth page. Either way it hides places to journal my thoughts, or hide little things. I love it!


I make stuff purely for my own enjoyment and not for sale, so hopefully it's okay that I posted this. It was so fun to make! Thank you for sharing to whoever posted it to start with!

We learn from each other, and we learn something new every day if we pay attention! Grateful for people who share their knowledge, and who inspire the rest of us!

No comments: