Monday, March 11, 2024

2024 Spring Yard Walk 1

Today was a beautiful spring day, so I took a much needed walk around the yard with my camera and my cane. Most of my daffodils have already bloomed and are nothing but wilted dying blooms now, but there are still a few, and the purple hyacinths that have spread from my old flower bed all over the yard are blooming. Love them! The irises have just begun to come up. The mini red rose bush leafed out earlier, but got nipped back by frost, and I'm waiting to see if the elephant ear that was supposed to be black, but was dark purple, pokes its head out again. The yard is beginning to green up, which means mowing time is about to begin.


I haven't tended my small flower bed, or any flowers at all, for years now for various reasons, but its presence is still here waiting...


Purple grape hyacinths in a cluster...


Old succulents container, once full of hen and chicks, now full of rocks and moss, still interesting... 


Old fountain in flower bed with one lone hyacinth...


Rabbit and Coyote still guarding old flower bed...


Old concrete figure with old metal heron resting against a stump...


Double daffodils from the old home place...


Same daffodils against unused brick...


Old tree stump that looks like a bird nest-I did have a white peony bush by it, but I think it has died out...


Old iron kettle I found years ago with the bottom rusted out. I had flowers in it for years, but it went the way of my flower beds...


Ancient Cedar tree branches...


We have been married 54 years at the end of this month, but the first four years we lived in a trailer while we built the one story part (a family project). The two story part was added about ten years later (another family project), the upstairs being a studio for me. So February marked this being our home for fifty years. It has sheltered us well all the years, and we're hoping it does so for as long as we need a home, even though it needs some work.


Antique tractor that hubby's dad brought to hubby to fix years ago. They never had time or wanted to spend the money for parts, so here it sits...


Old parts piled up, just in case...


Back of an old school bus that my grandpa had a shoe repair shop in for years with a random bicycle leaning against it. My dad had plans for it...


Old stump fountain in front of the house with water and moss...


Red rock shape, colors, and textures...


Blue glass garden ball with rust and mold ...

It was a most enjoyable little trek around familiar things that I love, and I look forward to doing it again. It's good for my soul!

Do something good for your soul every day. You won't regret it! :)

No comments: