Wednesday, January 3, 2024

More New Loops=Two More Potholders

 The other bag of 10" loops I ordered from Harrisville Designs on Amazon arrived yesterday. They are a different color palette from the bag I got last week, but they will work together for different designs, plus I ordered a small bag of dark blue loops to mix in with them, which I think will look great.

I woke up with a sore elbow this morning though, so I'm going to have to let my arm rest a couple of days before making anymore. I have a small tear in my right rotator cuff, plus a bit of arthritis and bursitis, and pulling on the loops when weaving, especially the last two, and then crocheting them off the loom makes my arm muscles hurt. I've never had my elbow to get this sore though. It is possible that the way I slept on it made it sore, but I can also feel it in my shoulder and bicep, so I'm going to get the one I made last night off the loom and rest for a couple of days before making anymore. The metal loom and the wire hook also make my fingers sore. It is fun stuff though!

Enough multicolored  loops came with the loom to make two potholders. Then I ordered a bag of bright party colored loops, enough for six and made them up. I got the earth tones bag last week and have made three, then the floral tones came yesterday and I made one last night and today. Some bags have seven colors of loops, or you can order bags of three colors. They have enough for six potholders. Single colors have enough for two. You can also get much larger bags, but they are expensive. I ordered mine off Amazon from Harrisville loops. The six inch loops are much less expensive, but these larger ones are much more protective. Hubby does most of the cooking since he retired and he loves them.


I think the last one I made, on the right, is my favorite so far. More to come, but for the next few days I'll focus on something else.

https://scribblesfromrabbithop.blogspot.com is my writing blog, which I haven't posted to in years, but I was reading some on it looking for a poem to put in my Storyworth memory book, and I wound up reading most of my posts. They resonated as much, if not more, with me now than they did when I wrote them. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and it made me want to write again, so maybe I'll do that for a while. I had forgotten how much I loved writing short stories and poems. 

I took short story and novel writing courses through correspondence courses with the Long Story Short writing school. Yep, I did the required three first chapters of a novel, and discovered that I much preferred short stories! 

I read a few more chapters in my Kindle book, "Where Lost Girls Go", last night. There are at least three mysteries going on at once, but I'm thinking they may all tie together at the end. Keeping me on my toes!

Anyway, right now it's keeping us busy trying to stay warm and cozy. It didn't get above forty degrees here today. I know that's warm to many of you, but it's cold for us! :)

Thanks for visiting! Try to do something fun for yourself! 

No comments: