Monday, January 1, 2024

First Day of New Year 2024

Well, we were still up at midnight, not because we were ringing in the new year, but because we were watching TV. Went to bed at midnight! No celebration. No fanfare. Just grateful to have made it, by the grace of God, through another year together.

I woke up really early and couldn't go back to sleep, so I got up to discover that I had an email from Blog2Print that everything is half off for the next week. I got busy and had all my blog posts for this year printed into book form, as I do every year, and got it ordered. Should be here in a couple of weeks!

There was also an email with another question for my Storyworth memory book. Now I'm 38 memories behind. The question now is, do I want to get busy and answer all the questions for my niece, because she gets a copy of all my answers per email, or do I just let it go and apologize to her for not finishing the book. A printed book comes with the subscription she gifted me last Christmas. Decisions decisions!

No plans for today, so we will see how it unfolds. Grateful for the holidays, but anxious for the days to get back on track! 

Update: I changed the bed sheets, got some laundry caught up, had a long nap, and made another potholder. It's been a good day! I count it a good day when I do any little thing creative.

Many projects have been waiting to be finished, as in a few below. I know, my workspace is ultra messy, but that's another huge project...

The potholder I made today, on the right. It matches the one I made a couple of days ago. Probably a practical gift set for someone!

My first cage doll, whose cage skirt came apart because the hot glue turned loose. I took it completely apart, sanded the wood, re-painted her dress, bought some better glue, and she's been patiently waiting for months now for her skirt to be re-attached.

The scrapbook I started for all the ephemera I collected on hubby,s and my month long road trip through sixteen states around the west in 2019, still waiting to be finished. The photos are still also waiting to be labeled and used to help with the scrapbook. It was an amazing trip! Glad I made lots of notes!

A little paper clay figure inspired by a class with Jeanne Marie Webb has been waiting for months to be sanded and painted, and the mussel shell encased in clay is waiting for a figure to be sculpted and attached.

A few more paper clay sculpted figures waiting to be sanded and painted. I want to finish all these. I just got sidetracked onto something else. 

Hoping to get back to it in the new year! These half-finished projects are just the tip of the iceberg. Yikes! For now I want to read a couple of chapters in the book, "Where the Lost Girls Go" by B.R. Spangler, before TV time. It's getting good! I always have to have several projects and books going at the same time. I get bored with just one at a time. Anyone else like that?

It's been a good start to a new year. Hope you've had a good day and start as well!

No comments: