Saturday, January 6, 2024

First Doodles 2024 and Another Potholder

 I've done a little doodling, read several chapters in my book, made 5-6 potholders, joined a junk journaling group on FB, and this is my third post in week one of 2024, so I'm happy! It's a step in the right creative direction! :)


First warm up doodles of the year! These are currently sitting on the fireplace hearth across the room from my recliner. A decorative weathervane, a fan blade snowman, and a fish bowl snowman. The snowmen were made and gifted to me by one of my best friends, and were the only Christmas decorations I had up this year, aside from a few Christmas cards on the fridge. Loosely sketched with a brush pen and ink.


The 2nd page of doodles with the inky brush pen from my imagination. Just playing. I'm a bit rusty!


The bag of blue loops I had ordered came Friday, and I couldn't wait to try them, so I mixed them with the colors in both the other bags. It's my new favorite!

This an old journal that I made several years ago to record my diet and exercise journey. When I quit recording my progress after a couple of traumatic events, I took the used pages out and burned them. It has mostly red and yellow-green pages left in it and it's the size of half a sheet of printer paper. It has a lot of pages still left, and I made it so I could take pages out or add more. I dug it out, because I'm thinking I might make it into a junk journal, and I will use rings instead of the wire ribbon to bind it. I will also exchange some of the pages for other colors and textured papers to add ephemera and interest to it. The cover needs to be made sturdier too. I am feeling really inspired by the junk journaling group. We'll see what I can get done with it!

It's a cold gloomy day here, and I woke up really early, so I'm about ready for a nap, unless my friend stops by shortly. That will be okay. I haven't seen her in over a month; she stays so busy!

Anyway, it's been a good first week for us, so far. Every little bit of creativity makes me happy! So I feel I've been productive, even if I can write my name on the furniture and floors! :) 

No comments: