Saturday, May 30, 2020

Stitch Meditation 32 and First Stitched Fabric Bead

This meditation is 5" square, made pieces of fat quarter cotton, a couch slipcover, cotton fabric with text, and a peach colored blend, perle cotton and dmc embroidery floss threads, and a plastic cameo button. No hoops or patterns! Just letting my needle and thread wander where they wanted to go...


Some time back stitched fabric beads caught my attention, so while watching TV a couple of nights ago, I picked up a cotton scrap and attempted to make one with a variegated cotton thread. It's 1 1/2" long. I should have made pictures of both sides, since there are different stitches on the other side, but I didn't. I think it turned out ok for a first try, and I look forward to making some more, maybe with some beads added.



Not great photos, but I hope you get the idea! Fun stuff, learning new things!

No comments: