Monday, May 4, 2020

Darling Dainty Dress-Part 2

This is the little dress that I posted yesterday with simple embellishing. Again, I didn't sign up for the Rag Bag Gals group swap on FB, but thought I'd like to try one!

All hand stitched, freehand cut,  scraps that were within reach, and the finished length is about 4 1/2" long. Stitched with embroidery thread. The skirt is from a fat quarter cotton scrap, the top is from one of my old linen blouses, and the lace and rose are vintage embellishments from the children's clothing factory sale, where I worked in the seventies. The linen top was raveling bad and the thread wouldn't hold to match the armholes, so I opted to do a simple stitch with a couple of soft gathers around the neck. Not real fancy, but the dress style didn't seem to call for a lot of embellishment. I'm pleased with it though and can't wait to do a more embellished one!


Like everything I do, it's not perfect, but I really enjoyed the process and learned from it. That's what's important!

I'm thinking it may go on the front of a card or in a fabric book!

Learn something new every day! It's good for your soul! Stay safe and well!

No comments: