Sunday, June 2, 2019

Quirky Doodle Abstract Painted Flowers

I did a quirky doodle sketch with a stabilo water-soluble pencil in my mixed media sketchbook, which I forgot to photograph, then went over it with a water brush pen to get gray tones.
I later used my pan watercolors and the water brush pen to add some color. I love the looseness of the flowers here.
I wasn't liking the way it looked, so I reached for a handy box of Posca paint pens and went over lines, petals, and smudges on the rest of the spaces.
Then I got the bright idea to go over everything with hard pastel sticks, which didn't cover the slickness of the Posca pens, and I hated the dusty look of it.

So I got the Posca pens back out and touched up the petals and a couple of lines, and this is where it is now. There may be some acrylics in its future, but not now. Too many other things going on to fuss too much over a doodle that I just did to kind of keep in practice while I'm not getting to make my other art.

Still learning and loving the processes!






No comments: