Sunday, May 5, 2019

Potholder Needle Book

This may be considered cheating, but I found this brand new quilted pot holder among my mom's kitchen linens after she passed away and thought it would make a pretty needle case, which I have been wanting to make for a while now! It's a little larger than most cases I've seen, but that's ok!

I don't particularly like new stiff things smelling of dye, so everything is washed before it's used. Same with this pot holder, which is much softer now, and ready to embellish, or not?!


I'm thinking this side for the outside cover, folded in the middle, of course, with possibly an embellishment, or two...


and this side for the inside cover! Now I just need to add three or four sewn in felt pages to match, a pocket, and to sew a button on to hold it together. It already has a loop!

There are so many awesome ideas on Pinterest for needle cases/books that are made from scratch, but I'm going to try using an altered pot holder for now.

I will share pics when it's done, right after I find my supplies and tools among the chaos that is called de-cluttering/cleaning!

There's usually more than one use for anything, if we just get a little creative! 😉

No comments: