Thursday, May 9, 2019

Photos From Around the Yard in April

Practicing with my cell phone camera while I got a little exercise walking around the yard as the sun was going down. I'm still learning to use the camera, plus I have trouble holding it still to snap the picture, so some are a wee bit fuzzy. Sorry!


The old school bus that my grandpa converted into a shoe shop when he moved out of his town shop in his later years. My parents got it when he passed. The bicycle, although it looks a lot like the one I had as a child, is actually one my dad picked up at a sale somewhere. He had plans for it before he passed away. My mom moved it away from the house and leaned it against the bus. It's always captivating to me, no matter how the light is falling on it. Perhaps, because of the memories!

Same photo with a gray toned filter on it, which I printed a copy of to use in an art collage.
Bloomer Cat eating something in the drive between our and my parents' house.
An old pine tree that died and is rotting in the back yard, not another place for insects and birds to live and eat...
A bird feeder that my dad built for me when I had a flower bed, not in a state of decay, but a good perch for the cats! Photo with filter.
The little flower garden I used to tend, and it was beautiful with the fountain running, but I no longer have the energy. Hubby stirred the dirt and planted some wildflower seeds in it this year, but it's looking doubtful that they'll come up. Besides, the cats think he made them a toilet...
The big old oak tree that was struck by lightening several years ago fought a valiant fight to live, but lost the battle last summer.
Yard decorations that my parents bought for me one year, also in decay. The little fisherman had a pole, but it's long gone, and the back is all broken where the wind blew him off the porch a couple of years ago. Wasps build nests in his head now. The little artist had a long brush in her hand, also long gone. They are no longer in good shape, but there is still something kind of magical about them to me.
Same photo, but with a little editing...
Papa's road, also our driveway, toward the main highway, into the sun...
Same scene, different angle...
Yard wildflowers and grass that needs mowing as soon as the ground dries up enough. If you look close enough, you can also see a fishing boat underneath the tree limb...
Wildflowers in the end of the yard.

Not very plain pictures, but still memory evoking for me! I can see uses for each of them in my creative endeavors, if I choose...


No comments: