Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Watercolor Works In Progress-Flowers, Bowl, Houses


So I finally got to watercolor some! Because I can do it in my recliner using very few supplies (all my main supplies are still in boxes and workspaces covered up). The only thing not pictured is my Stabilo pencil, my brush pen full of water, and a paper towel! Kuretake pan watercolor set

The larger 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" watercolor painting is in my mixed media journal and started as a quirky doodle (intuitive) sketch using a water soluble Stabilo pencil. The other is a 6" x 6" watercolor paper pad that I've sketched out a simple bowl on with the Stabilo pencil, then added water with the brush pen.


Here I've added some color to the bowl painting, and while waiting for it to dry, started another simple house painting, also on watercolor paper.

Not quite sure how I'm going to finish any of these yet, but I have some ideas. I will share when they're finished!

Creativity is a great stress reliever. Try it. You'll like it!

No comments: