Monday, April 15, 2019

Mindless Sketches and a Quirky/Intuitive Doodle Sketch



Playing with bird, horse, and eye sketches, plus a great quote, in my mixed media sketchbook/journal. The quote says, "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." Lao Tzu


Just mindless people sketching two different times while watching TV. Stabilo water soluble pencil in  5.5" x 8.5" mixed media sketchbook/journal.


The last quirky doodle sketch I've done, so far, this year, same sketchbook/journal and pencil!

I do these when I don't have time or energy to work on something bigger or more complicated. It keeps me kind of in creative mode, and right now I'm not participating in any online classes, groups, etc., because I focusing on cleaning out and up my house, then my mom's house, but I still want to stay in some sort of creative practice.

It's good to keep a couple of art supplies by your favorite chair, bed, etc., so when you have a few minutes you can doodle and relax. Of course, the doodling can sometimes turn into hours, and that's ok! Sometimes you mind just needs a rest from life and the chaos going on around you! 😊

Do at least one thing every day that makes you happy and feeds your soul! Even if it's only five minutes!

No comments: