Saturday, December 8, 2018

New and/or Failed Gelli Prints and a Button Stamp

Another gelli print session with my 6" x 6" plate, using Open Media Acrylics on Speedball printmaking paper. I played with a crow feather, wild turkey feather, a silk flower, a roller, a brush, my finger, and a homemade button stamp (buttons glued onto a cd case). Most are still works in progress, as I will add details at some point. Fun stuff!



One of the failed ones from the last session that I added a pile of buttons to...


Another failed one from the previous session that I added another layer of paint to...


The third fail from the previous bunch that I also added a couple more layers of paint to. The photo is blurred. It actually looks much better in reality...


This one is a monotype where I finger painted the plate and printed the seascape. This one and the rest are new this session...











I call this a button stamp, but actually it works better to put the paint on the buttons and lay the paper on top and press down good. The brown print was a fail from another session, so I stamped black buttons, which I didn't like, so I stamped white, titan buff, and gold on top, for a pile of buttons. The other one is a gelli print, where I applied the paint in stripes with a brush, then gold buttons over.

Have you tried gelli plate printing yet? Keep learning new things! It's good for you! <3

No comments: