Saturday, December 8, 2018

Finding Stuff While Decluttering!

I have begun the long slow process of decluttering/organizing my dining/art room, which hasn't been done in years. It's gotten to the point that I have no place to work and I can't find anything, so, although it's overwhelming, I have no choice but to do it. And this is only one corner! Yikes!


I emptied the piled up dining room table (lower right corner and the whole table is this piled up) into boxes, then sorted the stuff in the boxes into related piles back onto the table. In doing so, I've found several new art supplies that I had forgotten about, some that I had been looking for, and a couple of things that I was about to re-order.

Among the "stuff" I also came across a few of the items I made from paper clay in an online class I took a while back. They don't show up too well on this cigar box of buttons, but I made the button, the bead, and the two necklace pendants. Finding them made me want to get out the paper clay again! :)



I also came across this watercolored post card that I experimented on. I loved it at the time, but now, it looks kind of odd to me. Isn't it funny how our perception of things changes over time?

So far, I've gotten rid of two large garbage bags of papers and accumulated junk mixed in with art stuff, and I'm continuing to be surprised by finding things I'd forgotten about. It's like a treasure hunt! It's going to be a long process, but hopefully it'll be worth it in the end, if I can hold out to get it done when I'd rather be slinging paint. I've barely made a dent, but it's made a difference! 

No comments: