Monday, October 29, 2018

New Square Gelli Plate Prints

6" x 6" gelli art plate prints, speedball printmaking paper, Golden open media acrylics,

I just got this plate a few days ago, plus I ordered some new paint colors to experiment with ( cad red lt, pthalo blue red shade, thalo blue green shade, Anthroquidone blue, Quinocrodone burnt orange, Nickel Azo gold,)! I may have left out one or two, and I'm sure I misspelled the names, but I love the plate and the new colors!


Sometimes I get the paint on the plate a little thicker than I should and sometimes it makes unexpected texture! Multiple layers of paint rolled and pulled...


Second pull (ghost print)…


I used a bristle brush to put layers of paint on the plate for this one. It also picked up some leftover paint off the plate.


Second pull, ghost print, off the plate. That beautiful pinkish color in the last two prints is the Quin burnt orange. I LOVE it!

I really like the square format, and suspect that I will be using this plate a lot. :)

This is sooooooo addictive! But it's a good addiction to have!

No comments: