Monday, October 29, 2018

Bigger Gelli Plate Prints WIP

8" x10" gelli art plate prints on Speedball printmaking paper and vintage music sheets, using stencils, masks, gold iridescent paint, Golden open media acrylics-Not finished-Some are backgrounds, some may be used in collages or journals, and some will be finished paintings


A morning's play...


Multiple layered landscape...


Multiple layers using star and circle masks...


Multiple layers of blue: notice the animal in the middle. It could be a dog sitting with his back to me, looking back over his shoulder, or a horse standing with his back to me, looking back? I plan to bring it out more at some point. The blues don't really look this splotchy in reality. I didn't plan the animal. It just came forth, and that's when I stopped adding layers! :)


The first print I pulled, using a mask photo of the goat we used to have (and that I painted and shared a few posts back in the PYH&S 2018 course); I will fill the goat part in with paint.


Second print using the goat mask while adding more layers of blue and paynes gray; some of the paint seeped under the mask. I like it!


Third print, ghost print, with the goat mask; not sure how I will finish this one, but it won't go to waste! :)


First print using a crow feather and the corner off a paper lace doily with two layers of paint...


Second print, ghost print with feather and lace...


Vintage music sheet with layers of paint and stenciled angel heads and wings; the faces didn't pick up, so they will be added later...


Ghost print on music sheet with stenciled angels...


Paint layers with gesso on music sheet and stenciled iridescent gold angels...


Two layers of paint, picked up paint with a cd before pulling the second print...


Vintage music with one layer paint and stenciled grapes...


Ghost print of paint left on plate with grape stencil...

I think I really like doing the smaller prints better. They are easier to work with, especially in a tight space, such as I have, but these were fun, for a change, and I will make some more eventually. :)

I really want to try doing a collage using torn up gelli prints soon. I have seen some awesome ones online, especially the ones of pets. Currently working up the nerve to tear up my gellies to get started!

My 6" x 6" square gelli art plate came in several days ago, but didn't have a chance to play with it until this week, and only for a short time, but I LOVE it! Stay tuned and keep doing what you love! :)

No comments: