Monday, October 8, 2018

Field Trip Fall 2018

A few weeks ago, Jim and I rode in the side by side down to the big pond and back. It was a very cloudy day, plus it had been extremely dry for a while, so the colors aren't bright, but I photographed a few of my favorite places anyway.

I am the fourth generation to own this old homeplace and farm. My great grandpa built the house and barn around the 1900s, and raised his family, which included my grandpa. Papa gave mama a house lot down by the main road and we moved there in 1951 when I was two, into a house that my dad built. In 1970, I married, and we lived in a trailer in my parents garden spot until we bought an acre. next to my parents, from my grandpa, and we built our home, a family project, which we have lived in for almost forty-five years now. I inherited the little farm from my parents recently.

Many happy memories playing with my cousins and living within walking distance of my grandparents growing up! This old place is rooted in my soul, and I will always love it!

The old barn

Old barn stable

Big hay field

Daddy's buggy/wagon shed

Dry branch bed (no rain for months)

Dry vegetation in field

Dry vegetation in field

Dry vegetation in field

Rock bed behind old house

Rock bed behind old house

Granny's wash house behind house

Back of barn from field

Road between our house and the old homeplace with the big oak tree

The old Stricklin home place

Portrait of daddy (shop and backhoe) and Papa (shoe shop bus)

Papa's pond

Papa's pond

Papa's tractor shed

Tree Trio down by the pond

Dry weeds higher than the side by side

No comments: