Tuesday, October 30, 2018

My First Original Art Jewelry-Necklace

Original gelli print monoprint, domed glass cabochon, copper colored metal frame/plate and chain-1 inch circle pendent...

I saw these pendent kits on Etsy, and they included the chain, plate, and cabochon. I looked for a disc the size of the paper punch that I already have, 1 3/8", but couldn't find one, so I ordered the one inch.

I chose some of my favorite photos of original paintings and gelli prints that I have done and printed them on watercolor paper in miniature (thumbnails), picked this one, hand cut it into a one inch circle, added some detail, such as eye highlights and darker hair, and assembled the necklace with diamond glaze adhesive that came with the kit.



This monoprint is of our beloved little Pekingese, Kibbles Marie, who left us in 1997. We have never for one day forgotten  her. The original print still needs touching up with highlights and accents.


I ordered several kits of necklaces and key rings, both round and square (because I have a lot of inchies painted) in different colors. I'm thinking they may become Christmas or "just because" gifts. I've ordered a one inch circle punch so the circles will be smoother and more accurate than this one.

This necklace was the prototype, if you will, and now I get to try it out. The kits are inexpensive, and I know that they aren't waterproof, but I'm wondering if the metal changes color when I start wearing it. Wouldn't want to sell or gift them and the color change the first time it's worn!

Anyway, this was fun, and I will be making more! They could also be used for ornaments, bookmarks, book charms, purse charms, etc...

I am inspired by so many wonderful artists in various media who generously share their art and techniques online, and I thank every one of them so much for the interest and joy they bring into my life every day! I hope to, one day, do the same! :)

No comments: