Sunday, October 7, 2018

Gelli Printing Escape A Couple of Weeks ago

My heart wasn't really into this session of gelli plate printing, but I enjoyed it and really like a couple of the prints.


Gelli Arts plate, Golden Open Media Paint, and Speedball printing paper on my very crowded desk. I have my 5" x 7" plate laying on a Masonite block used for block printing, and it is laying on a piece of rubber rug backing to keep it from sliding on my desk. 

None of these prints have had any details, or enhancements, added to them yet.


First print and ghost print on mixed media paper with Golden Open Media acrylic paint...



Acrylics on cardstock; note the pink prairie dog on the left side...


Stamped on mixed media paper with the cd I was using for a palette, which I thought resembled a flower, so I painted a brown center, then noticed it had eyes and a mouth!



Multiple layers on mixed media paper, first print...


ghost print of rabbit print...


                                           Multiple layers on mixed media paper, poppies...


                                                               Poppies ghost print...


I applied fluid pthalo blue acrylic to my plate, and it dried so fast that the paper only picked up part of it plus some paint from previous prints...


I sprayed some water on the dried paint on the plate and stamped it with cd palette,  then pulled this print.



No comments: