Sunday, October 7, 2018

Monday's Gelli Prints

Golden open media acrylics on Speedball printmaking paper, with no details or enhancements yet...


This was supposed to be a Christmas ball in red and metallic gold, but it totally bombed. I tried a ghost print of an angel over it, but that didn't work either. 


The same print after I applied a couple more layers of paint and painted an angel on it. Still not happy with it. It may become part of a collage or something!


Monoprint, one paint layer, first pull...


Ghost print of one above...


Monoprint, one layer paint, first pull...


Ghost print of print above...


Blues, sprayed with a little water, and metallic gold looks kind of like a waterfall to me...


Ghost print of print above, but turned upside down, because it looked more like trees to me...


Second ghost print from one above...


Monoprint, one layer paint, first pull on cardstock; Pekingese 


First ghost pull from above print on printmaking paper...


Second ghost pull from above print...

At some point, I will go back and add marks and enhance most of these prints that are so addictive to make. Some I will keep for prints, and others may become part of collages. I am planning to try making a collage from torn bits of less successful gelli prints, as soon as I figure it out.

Keep learning, experimenting, and create fearlessly! 



No comments: