Thursday, September 20, 2018

Playing with Gelli Prints

Still practicing with 5" x 7" gelli plate prints and open acrylics on different papers and having a blast!


This is the first pull on an altered book page, only one layer of paint...


and this is the 2nd/ghost pull on the facing page.


Torn out book page with a couple of layers printed on it. Hated it!



Printed over it in a different session!


Second/ghost print from the page above with a couple of layers added. Hated it too! Total mess!


Same page printed over in a different session! I will use these pages in a collage or something.


This is the first print on a mixed media page in my journal, one layer. I like it, but it needs something.


Same print, but I was using an old cd for a palette, and the paint was smooshed around on it at the end of a different session, so I stamped the cd on it. I like it better!

The second/ghost pull of the same print as above, still in the mm journal. I can add details or another layer , or I can collage with it.


The third/ghost pull from the print above. I can see all sorts of possibilities for this one!


The fourth/ghost print from the one above , with a roll of the paint left on my roller applied vertically. I like the print before the vertical stripe better, but it has possibilities.


This is a sheet of plain paper that I cleaned my roller off on. I like it a lot! Hubby says it looks like a man drinking from a bottle of wine, wearing a suit, with a duck in his sleeve, and you know what? It does! With a little imagination! 😊

Imagination is a powerful tool! Use it often!

No comments: