Thursday, September 20, 2018

Gelli Print Monoprint Practice

When I discovered the Bob Penneycook landscapes video, I also discovered the monotype printing with Barbara van Buskirk, which I also loved. Of course, I had to also give it a try. It was such fun!

I was just trying it, so these are practice runs, using open media acrylics, my 5" x 7" gelli plate, and Speedball printmaking paper cut into size. Again, no register. :/ I think Barbara used printers ink, and she used a printing press, but I improvised with open acrylics, sketch/painting directly on the plate and printing the one layer, pressing with my hand.


First pull of "Pink Girl".


Second/ghost print of "Pink Girl"

  
Third/ghost print of "Pink Girl"


First Print of "Purple Girl"


Second/ghost print of "Purple Girl". I like this one!


Third/ghost print of "Purple Girl"


First print of "Red Girl"


Second/ghost print of "Red Girl"


Third/ghost print of "Red Girl"

Of course, I will probably add some more detail or something at some point, but this was worth learning, and I will definitely add it to my arsenal of artistic tools!

Thank you for the video, Barbara van Buskirk! 





No comments: