Thursday, September 20, 2018

Layered Gelli Print Landscape Practice

I have recently discovered Bob Pennycook's landscape paintings made with multiple layered gelli plate prints, and I LOVE them. So, of course, I had to get out my 5" x 7" gelli plate and my open media acrylics and give it a try!

This is the first one I tried, without a register, in my mixed media sketchbook, with no idea of what I was doing, so it turned out better than I expected and was really fun.

I had seen where he sort of explained his process when I tried this,


This is the first pull with maybe five additional layers added...


and this was the second/ghost print with five or six layers. I used a paper towel to lift some paint off the sky, which left the pattern on it.

I may, or may not, add some detailing or additional paint at some point, but for now, it is what it is, and I'm happy for the experience.

Don't give up on doing what makes you happy! One day the light bulb will go on above your head when you've gotten it!

No comments: