Saturday, August 4, 2018

Tiny Bags of Love-Class exercise with toned backgrounds

Recycled Green tea bag 2 1/2" x2 3/4"-mixed media=Tiny Bags of Love with Jeanne Marie Webb (link on sidebar)- Toned bag with red ochre acrylic and sketched with stabilo pencil after sealing with clear gesso-Don't like the clear gesso texture- Mixed media, with acrylics, pencil, gel pens, pan pastel, liner bottle

These 3 bags were one of the class exercises where we painted a colored background for tone, then sketched and painted our faces. I, however, forgot to make pix of that part with the first two


toned with red ochre, gold leaf pen and metallic gold on stars...


indigo toned background...


mixed media...


toned background with ink sketch...


colored pencils...


I didn't like the way it was looking, so I painted over the figure with open acrylics and used a black gel pen for emphasis. Experimenting...

Now on to the next exercise, which is to paint the 10 teabags, which I have already prepped and drawn off, in the same session with a time limit. I may have to re-watch the video, as it's been a while!

I'm also working gradually on projects for other classes, plus some fabric projects. So, stay tuned!

The light glared on the first two some. I don't have the best lighting, or room, to take the pictures. :/

Keep doing what you love! :)

No comments: