Saturday, August 4, 2018

Quirky Doodles-A Girl, a Heart-Tear, and Two Birds

Thursday's quirky sketches in my mixed-media journal with a Lyra water-soluble crayon, except for the heart/tear, and it's charcoal pencil and sanguine pastel pencil...





I am usually surprised at the images that emerge from my blind random marks on the page, but it's always fun to bring them into being, and when I look back, I can usually tell what was going on with me at the time.

I can't remember the name of the artist that I learned this technique from, but I am so grateful to her for sharing it. My images look nothing like hers, and I have adapted it for myself over time, and once I get started doing them, it's hard to stop. They often get me jumpstarted back on to my painting projects, and my feelings often are poured out through them in some way. Good for my soul and my sanity! :)

So thankful God gave me the desire to do art. It has saved me many times over!

No comments: