Saturday, January 11, 2014

Window Icescapes

A few days ago the temperature was two degrees on Rabbit Hop on our back porch. Kind of chilly! But not as bad as other parts of the country had it. Brrrrr!

Anyway, I sat down at my desk with my coffee to check my messages, and Facebook, of course, but before I did so, I  pulled back the curtain to look outside. Despite the warmth of the house, there was a sheet of ice frozen on the inside of the windows. The sun was just beginning to hit them. It was gorgeous!

The camera was handy, so I snapped a few pictures, on two consecutive mornings, to try to capture some of the textures. When the photos are enlarged, there are some awesome patterns and textures to be seen. The blues are the shadows, and I didn't tamper with anything. This is just the way the camera saw it!











 I did darken the picture above just to see the effects it would have...


 Total shadow above...



I'm thinking that these could be altered with color, darkened, etc., and printed out to make some awesome backgrounds for journaling or mixed media. 

Wonderful patterns are everywhere if we just take the time to "see" them! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: