I finished my last W/N sketchbook a couple of weeks ago with the acrylic sketch in my last post, and life's been happening, so I hadn't sketched much until the last few days, and these are all in my handmade sketchbook. They got a little messy, because I can't remember to put a paper under my hand when I'm sketching. Therefore, I smudge what I've already sketched, plus the clean sheet of paper on the opposite side. Also, because the paper is thin, sometimes when I sketch on the back of a page the other side shows through some. Oh, well! They aren't meant to be masterpieces, and every one teaches me something!
.jpg)
This one is from some paper that I had painted black acrylic onto and cut out some shapes for something else. Days later I picked the paper with the holes in it up and saw a vase and leaf shapes, so I glued it into my book and added some details with a micron ink pen and a white gel pen. The vase shape and leaves are actually the book page. The black part is where I scrubbed the black paint onto the paper that I glued onto the page. I thought it was interesting...
This was a paper that I cleaned the paint off my palette/brush while I was painting in acrylics. It resembled a tree with fall leaves to me, so I gave it a black trunk and a frame and glued it into my book. I like it!
I saw this photo on Pinterest and found her interesting, so I tried to sketch her using a large LYRA water-soluble graphite stick, although I didn't use any water with it. It did help loosen up my sketching some though.
I experimented with different media and elements on a large sheet of paper while I was making pages for my Magpie's Nest Journal, then tore it into smaller pieces. Some I used in the Magpie's Nest, but I liked this one as is, so I glued it into this book. The quote is from Ivy Newport. For some reason I couldn't get this paragraph to align left. Sorry!
Another sketch from a Pinterest photo that I found interesting, also with the large LYRA graphite stick.
Also from a Pinterest photo reference with the large LYRA graphite stick...
And another interesting face from Pinterest with the LYRA graphite stick...
I switched gears and, since I love the old boudoir (bedroom) dolls, I decided to try a group sketch with the LYRA graphite stick. I've had these sticks for years, but have rarely tried to sketch with them. They do force you to sketch looser and not fiddle with the details!
I've discovered that spraying them with matte sealer gives them a softer fuzzier look, which I'm not crazy about, but my clear sealer wasn't handy.
There are also some pages in between these that I'm still working on, so I didn't include them in this post. Maybe they'll be finished by the next post!
Thanks for visiting!
No comments:
Post a Comment