Monday, August 3, 2026

The Magpies Nest Journal-WIP Pages-Part 2

  The first picture is the cover with the signatures now sewn in with with I think a pamphlet stitch. I chose a landscape format instead of a portrait format to open it. I could have made the front cover shorter so the page edges would be visible, but I forgot and didn't do that. The cover still needs some stitching and ephemera added, but that will come later when I find what it is asking for. 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" and it's looking more like a nest...

See Part 1 for more info about the cover and the class, and the link is on my sidebar.


The following are a few of the pages I've worked on so far, all works in progress. It has a total of twenty-seven folded pages, making a total of fifty-four pages in the the three signatures, plus the canvas cover page. Many of the pages are hand painted or have hand sketched or painted elements added, plus lots of random mark making with different tools and media. There will be a lot more added, including rusty metal bits, shiny things, etc.


















Many of the elements are from bits and pieces from my life. The last page has my initials, my favorite number, and it will have a date stamped on it when I finish it.

The journal has been put on hold for a few days, because I've been trying to keep up my almost daily sketching practice, plus life stuff is always happening, but my little box of stuff is sitting by my recliner, ready and waiting to resume at any time! I will share as it progresses...

No comments: