Monday, August 3, 2026

Another Toni Burt Class

 I didn't realize that I had so many post drafts containing pictures, but no words, so I'm playing catch up. 

A few weeks ago, I signed up for the taster classes in the "Make, Create, Express, Celebrate 2026" with Gailia Alana, which contained sample classes from thirty-something teachers, because I saw a class with Toni Burt. The sample classes lasted nine days with so many classes a day, with the option to buy the VIP package to get the full classes from now on.

There were some awesome classes/teachers, but I only took the one with Toni Burt. In the promo the class was for a girl and a rabbit, but the actual class was only for the girl. I took a similar class with Toni in the Mastering Mixed Media classes earlier in the year, but I did this one too and really enjoyed it.


I watched the video and took notes and tried a couple of small sketches with different expressions before doing a whole page sketch.


I sketched the face on a small piece of regular drawing paper, then glued it onto my mixed media sketchbook page with UHU stic glue, then sketched the hair and sweater around it. Once again, I didn't leave room for the stretched out long neck and sweater neck, so mine has a regular neck, and the face color is a bit different than the page color. Whoops!


I did a second sketch in my sketchbook. This time I left room for the elongated neck, but not much room for the shoulders. Oh, well! I like both sketches, and they taught me some things, which is the point of sketches and classes. I love Toni's work, but couldn't copy it if I wanted to.

Anyway, as I said, this was the only class I took in these taster sessions, and there's no special label category for it, so I'm labeling it in with the Mastering Mixed Media classes with the other class I took from her. I'm considering taking some classes from Toni's website though. I would love to take the rabbit class and one of her cityscape classes. We'll see!

No comments: