Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Tiny Bathroom Mural

 This tiny bathroom, which joins our bedroom, is so small you can literally sit on the toilet, put your feet in the shower, and your hands in the lavatory. It has no window, so in 2000 I decided to paint one in oils. Over the years, I have taken spells of adding layers to it with oil pastels, and I added another layer yesterday. 

The paneled wall gives it a rough texture. I'm still not happy with it. I know I got the willow trees too thick and heavy looking, but I'm not sure how to fix it. That's not a white circle in the middle, but an arch with double benches at the end of the path, and yep, that's a mouse sitting on a tube of paint reading a book on the window sill. My father-in-law made the cabinet over the toilet.




It's not actually this yellow looking. The light over the sink bouncing over the coral walls gives it a yellowish cast. Here is a close up of Mr. Mouse!

No comments: