Thursday, January 18, 2024

Santos Cage Doll Repair

 I finished the ebook, "Where Lost Girls Go" by B.R. Spangler, which was good, but not as much of a page turner as some of the others I've read the last few weeks. Have now started "Seven Sisters, Book One", by M.L. Bullock, but I've only read the prologue so far, which was pretty good. I got sidetracked onto making pictures of the snow and other stuff and posting to various places online.

So, I used a hot glue gun to glue the wooden strips onto the clay cage doll I made, and it didn't hold. The strips started coming loose, so I took them off weeks ago and re-painted her dress (was blue), got the dried hot glue off the strips and sanded the places where glue is needed, and ordered some glue that's supposed to hold anything. I tried to glue a strip a couple of days ago, but it takes the glue up to an hour to dry and I couldn't hold it that long. I got frustrated trying and put her back in the cookie tine until I can figure out a way hold the strips on until they set.


This is the shape of my main work space right now. Stuff in progress plus lots of torn papers and images that I plan on collaging with. Yep, I'm a pack rat! I can't work in a neat orderly space anyway. It's all good though! :)

Some of the snow melted today, but it's already freezing back on the roads, so it's still hazardous out there. I have only been on the porch, but hubby has gotten out every day to feed the cats and birds and check the mailbox. Praying he doesn't fall and break something. He's almost seventy-seven and has diabetes, so I worry.

Anyway, I'm signing off for today. Have a good night! Let's go make something! :)

No comments: