Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Rust Transfer on Paper

 Y'all know if I see a new technique that I like I have to try it. I had done some rusting on fabric before, but not on paper. It's been a while since I did these, but I thought I would share them. The top paper is watercolor paper, and I think the bottom one is printer paper. I like them!

I found some really rusty small items outside in the shops and around the old home place, made a mixture of half water plus half white vinegar in a spray bottle, layed the paper in a tray and sprayed it good with the mixture. Not to where the water was running out of it, but pretty wet. Then I laid the rusty items on the paper, sprayed them good, and left it to dry. At least, that's the way I remember doing it.

 The two blackish spots on the bottom one are where I decided to experiment by laying two used wet teabags on top. I hate to tear them up, and may not, but they'll be great for collages/journals if I do. I may even make some more! Fun stuff!

No comments: