Sunday, April 28, 2019

Hobby Lobby Haul

So, I finally got to go back to Hobby Lobby after a year and a half! I live in a rural area and it takes a while to get to the nearest one.


2 Krylon spray sealers (clear and matte), 2 pks of white gelly roll pens (different sizes), a box of beads to get one particular peacock feather bead, 3 jewelry charms (owl head, elephant, cross),  2 pks of mini wooden fabric stamps, large black ink pad, 6x6 watercolor pad, 5x5 Handbook sketchbook, and 4 tee shirts, which I plan to paint on, plus two free cup holders from the Dragonfly coffee shop on the way!

Much of it was on SALE! Can't wait to use the new stuff!

It was actually a delayed trip to Alabama to celebrate our 49th anniversary and hubby's 72nd birthday, and it was a beautiful day! He went to Harbour Freight and I went to Hobby Lobby, which happens to be in the same strip mall, thank goodness, so we were both happy.

We also ate at the Cracker Barrel, using a gift card that our nephew's family gave us for Christmas, and hubby went in a couple of sporting goods stores while I waited in the car. I did go in Target, but something I had eaten disagreed with me, and I had to leave after a fast trip to the bathroom. Not fun!

After the hour and a half trip down there, over an hour in Hobby Lobby, eating at Cracker Barrel, and waiting for hubby while he was in the sporting goods stores and the grocery store, I was spent anyway, so we got ice cream on the way out of town, to eat on the road, and headed home, another hour and a half. Got back to Rabbit Hop and home late evening, both exhausted, but happy. It was a good day of togetherness without even a cross word. Thankful for the bonding time together!

These road trips are getting fewer as we get older and our health more fragile, so we cherish them when we do take them. 😊





No comments: