Thursday, February 21, 2019

New Gelli Prints on Colored Cardstock and Parchment Papers

Several days ago, before I completely dismantled my studio/dining room for cleaning, de-cluttering, and organizing, I did a quick gelli plate print session with things that were handy, which included my 6" x 6" plate, Golden Open Acrylics, my handmade button stamp, a couple of feathers, a piece of rubber mat, and a brush handle to write with. Cardstock and parchment writing paper, in colors, that I have had for years were the papers of choice this day.

The colored papers didn't come across in their true colors for some reason, and some of the pictures are a bit fuzzy. Sorry! When I get everything back together, hopefully I will be better situated to make better pictures!


I started on a lt colored rosy gray cardstock and printed a solid square, which I intended to  put another layer over, but haven't yet. I have an idea though!


The back of the first print, where, for some reason unknown, I decided to clean off my roller.


 A ghost print of the first print on a darker gray cardstock, where it also picked up some paint from a previous printing, making it interesting.


This parchment writing paper is actually a pale yellow. Don't know what happened, but the print is much prettier on the yellow...


Close up of the print, which I love...


Ghost print on lt blue parchment writing paper of the above print...


More ghost prints of the above prints, and the cardstock is actually a cream color...


Parchment paper, which is actually yellow, and feather print..


More ghost prints on yellow parchment of the print above...


Prints and ghosts, all on the same sheet of lt blue parchment writing paper. I really like this one!

It's a slow go at getting my work space back in order, so I may get very little creative stuff done for a while, but I have so many things that I want to get done. Just praying my eyes don't give completely out on me!

We can't give up!

No comments: