Thursday, February 21, 2019

Of Horses and Dreams!

The other day hubby and I were out of town on business, which was tiring and somewhat draining. When we started home, he stopped at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store in Savannah, TN to pick up a few things. This little horse sits just outside the doors between a coke machine and some newspaper stands.

I've seen it many times, and it always reminds me of being a child,  and my parents putting a coin in the machine so that I could go for a ride and dream of having a real horse one day. I have always loved horses, in any form, and it was such a thrill! The ride was never long enough!

I rarely see a child riding it though, which makes me sad.

As I wondered what it would be like to ride on one now, as an old woman, and smiled to myself, I used my cell phone to make these pictures reminiscent of my childhood.

We never really grow up, do we? 😀



Maybe I will paint this wonderful remnant of the past and a happy childhood one day!

No comments: