Friday, November 23, 2018

Saturday Gelli Printing with Silk Flowers

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving day with family and friends! We spent time with our niece, nephew, and their families having a delicious meal and great company at our nephew's beautiful home. We were missing my father-in-law this year, which was sad, but we still have so much to be thankful for.

Anyway, these work-in-progress prints were made last weekend, using my 6" x 6" square gelli art plate, Golden Open Media acrylics, and some silk flowers on Speedball printmaking paper.

The photography isn't very good. Sorry about that! They are actually much prettier in reality. :)

Threw in a feather, ribbon, and lace from an old bra on this one!


This one has gold metallic paint included, although it doesn't show up!
Tried to do a magazine picture transfer in the lower left corner. It failed, but I will add something else there.














I also tried different filters on a couple of the prints, including b/w, in photo editing, which was fun.

Not much time for art this week, yet, but I'm not going Black Friday shopping, so I may do some art today. My nerves will not take crowded stores and lots of noise. :/

I hope the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend is amazing, and if you're braving the store sales, be careful! :)

1 comment:

peggy gatto said...

These inspire, gorgeous!