Monday, September 3, 2018

Practice Sketches-Women and Birds

Still can't get back into painting and still haven't cleaned off my workspace so I can paint when I can get back into it! In the meantime I've managed to do some sketching every now and then. These are the last ones I did a few days ago.


Quirky doodle sketch that took a few days to find these images amongst the water soluble pencil marks,  softened with a water brush...


then in photo editing I added a sepia filter and I liked it!


I had been wanting to try pausing an image on our large screen TV and doing a sketch for a while, but hubby is usually watching it. The other day he was outside for a bit, so I found an image in an old movie and tried doing a quick sketch of her. Next best thing to sketching from life! I meant to do a contour drawing of her, but it didn't quite turn out that way. Not a great job, but I like her!


These two sketches are actually the same character from a different movie. I love cloaks with hoods, so I quickly sketched her, hood down and hood up, before hubby came back in. I loved the practice!


Hope you are all having a safe and happy Labor Day! Let's keep practicing our creative skills and doing things that feed our souls and make them happy! 




No comments: