Friday, June 8, 2018

Class 19 PYH&S 2018-ATC Swap

Instead of a new class for week 19 in Paint your Heart and Soul 2018, we had a catch up and ATC (artists trading card) swap. Each participant created two atc cards and swapped with a partner. I didn't participate in the swap, because I am sooooo far behind in the classes, due to health and life happenings. I was afraid I couldn't get them done and mailed by the deadline, so I took my time and measured off two 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" (the size of a playing card, which is the required size for an atc), and played, using some of the techniques I've learned in these classes. They are on a page in the medium sized mixed media journal, where I'm painting all my work for these classes, and where I've had several "light bulb" moments since I started!


I sketched in the subjects with a bamboo sketching pen and India ink, one landscape and an intuitive face. I messed up the face, so I took an old credit card and swiped across it and went from there.


India ink sketch of three trees from memory...


I later decided to add watercolor with a brush pen. Not sure that was a good idea! Enlarged picture is bigger than actual size!


I kept scraping off and adding layers of ink, white acrylic paint, water, white paint pen, and charcoal, until I liked her, and I really do like her. Lots of texture, which I'm learning to love!


Enlarged and bigger than actual painted card. I think she's pretty amazing, and I would like to know her!




No comments: