Thursday, June 21, 2018

Class 17 PYH&S 2018-Intuitive Faces

Inspired by Sara Burch in her class in Paint Your Heart and Soul (link on sidebar)-Mixed Media in my medium sized mixed-media paper journal...


Forgot to photo first sketch in my journal, so I did this one in ink on plain paper, after, as first step...


Layers of paint and marks, putting on, taking off, scraping, rolling


Evolving with more layers of adding and subtracting paint and marks...


She's supposed to be abstract, and I have trouble painting very loose, so this is another stage she went through before she evolved into...


this, after a lot more rolling, scraping, adding and subtracting more layers and adjusting. The paper kind of wrinkled, so her inky tears ran sideways, but that's ok. She is what she is and was good practice and a lot of fun. I like her! Can't wait to do another one on a wood panel or canvas!

This is the last class I've completed, so far, although I have two more almost done, if my muse ever returns. I'm about ten classes behind now, because life and other things are vying for my attention. Not even going to try to catch up, but I'll pick and choose which classes to do when, and in the meantime I'll enjoy the awesome work of all my classmates on the Facebook page!




No comments: