Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Class 13 PYH&S 2018-Intuitive Flowers

These posts are no longer in order, because I've have fallen so far behind in the classes and my posts, due to life circumstances, that I have skipped some (to come back to later), done partial post drafts, and forgotten when I did what, and, in some cases, what I did.

This is my class 13 painting, inspired by Ursula Wollenberg in Paint Your Heart and Soul 2018 (link on sidebar), Intuitive Flowers, using acrylic paints and plaster (I used flexible modeling clay).


Two colors for base on a page in my medium sized mixed-media journal, and flexible modeling paste through a stencil and let dry. The teacher used plaster and vintage looking stencils. I didn't have plaster. I did have clay, left over from another project. I also didn't have vintage stencils handy, so I used the edge of a paper doily placemat and a grape leaf stencil.


I sketched in the vase, flowers, and eggs with a stabile water soluble pencil, without following the teachers design much, because I don't like copying the teacher's work exactly and try to make it my own.


Layering acrylic paint, with drips and runs over the background and raised clay design.


Not liking the all red flowers, even if they were different shades, so added mixes of pink to some of them and more layers to the background.


Continued adding layers of acrylic and adjusting everything, but still not happy with it. Flowers too bunched up and the same, and the composition is off.


I turned one tulip into a purple hyacinth, adjusted and added a few daises and leaves, some spattering on the eggs, and added white open acrylic to the curtain, flowers, vase, and table cloth with a palette knife. Still not the best job, but I like it, and I learned a lot from Ursula!

I have a couple of other classes, that I have finished, to post, and I have two classes almost finished, but I am now about 6 classes behind and frustrated that I can't keep up with the other students, so, for now, I am blocked. Hopefully, that will change soon! In the meantime, I'm doing some quirky doodle sketches to keep in practice, but even those aren't going too well at this point.

We can't give up! Gotta' keep trying! It will pay off eventually! :)

No comments: