Tuesday, January 2, 2018

First Sketches of 2018

My first intuitive doodle sketches of the new year! I haven't done any art in several days, and I have a new year long class starting tomorrow, called Paint Your Heart and Soul 2018 (see the link on the sidebar), besides two or three classes I'm in the middle of. These five warm up sketches completed this sketchbook of mixed media paper, and were sketched in black Stabilo marks all pencil, which I can later use a brush and water on, like watercolor. I can also add watercolor or acrylic paint.










 I love doing these sketches, warm-up or not. It is fascinating to see what images emerge out of random lines and marks on a page.

Maybe tomorrow I can do some warm-ups with paint to get back into my art and classes. I want to get back into painting/drawing at least a few minutes every day.


I also prepped and published last year's blog posts in a book this evening. I checked everything numerous times to be sure I had it right, and thinking I did, clicked submit and paid out. I later realized I had put 2018 in the cover instead of 2017, and it can't be changed now. Boy, am I glad that I just printed two copies for myself! I will, however have to change the 8 to a 7 on a laminated cover. :/


Anyway, I'm off to a good start, creative wise, this year. Hopefully, it will continue, and I will learn and actually finish a lot of work! Wish me luck! Thanks in advance!


Hope you are all safe and warm in these frigid temperatures! Keep your creative juices flowing! I hope to! :D


Also shared on my FB page, Series 52 group, and Creative Everyday 2018.

No comments: