Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Creative Everyday Challenge 2018

I decided to sign up again for the Creative Every Day Challenge (see link on sidebar) again this year. I used to do it every year, but life got busy, and I skipped the last two years. I have remained a member of the Facebook group though and enjoyed what the others were creating. It's a place where we can share our creative endeavors and learn from one another. Not a class, but a place which encourages us to do something creative every day and a place to share it if we want to. Some very talented people! Fun stuff!

I also watched the first class videos of the year long course Paint Your Heart and Soul 2018 (link on the sidebar), in which Nikol Wikman teaches a lovely sunset landscape in acrylics. There are 25 teachers with different techniques, styles, and subject matter with 50 classes over 50 weeks, one a week. They can be taken in any order you like. I'm going to try to actually do them all, because you learn something from every teacher, even if it's something you don't think you care for. I've learned that from taking many online classes over the years.

I'm trying to decide, though, whether to do the work on mixed media paper in a journal, or on a substrate that I could give as a gift, or sell if I should ever decide to. I'm leaning toward the journal, because I'm short on space right now!

Journal Cover I did in mixed media a couple of years ago:
 


Anyway, I'm just rattling, so I'll stop for now, and post something creative when it's finished!








No comments: